If you are registering as a team member for the Ocean to Bay Bike Tour, please select your choice of the standard or combo TEAM option when you register. A large number of team captains have provided the official team name that you can select from a drop-down menu when you enter your information.
What if I don’t see my team name listed on the drop-down menu?
- If you are a team captain, you can still complete your registration by selecting “Other” and typing your official team name in the following field. Please
- If you are not a team captain, you can still complete your registration. Contact your team leader and get the correct team name. Select “Other” on the drop-down menu and type in the correct name in the field below.
Will there be onsite registration?
The Ocean to Bay Bike Tour is expected to sell out. There will not be onsite registration to ensure all rest stops are properly supported with accurate counts. Online registration closes April 15th.
Ocean to Bay Coastal Cruise will be available for onsite registration on FRIDAY ONLY as long as it is not sold out.
What do I need for packet-pick up?
All participants must show a photo ID and provide a signed, “wet-ink” waiver at packet pick up.
If picking up for a team or for a friend, please show their photo ID (either original or a photo) and turn in their signed “wet-ink” waiver. No electronic signatures permitted.
Why do I need a “wet-ink” waiver?
We understand that turning in a “wet-ink” waiver is antiquated and cumbersome. However, the insurance provider requires it. If we do not have your wet-ink waiver, you will not be covered by the event insurance (USA Cycling).
What does my registration include?
Your registration packet will include:
- Safety pins
- Route Map & Cue Sheet
- Safety information
- Continue the Tour information
- A commemorative throwback long-sleeve, cotton event shirt at packet pickup
- Get a tech material shirt for a small upcharge
- Additional shirts available for purchase during online registration
- SAG (Support and Gear)
- Food & Water
- Restrooms at all rest stops
What if I have registered and have become injured or can no longer attend the event?
There will be no refunds or transfers to another year. You may transfer your ride to another person.
How do I transfer my ride to another person?
Please call the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce at 302-539-2100 or email [email protected] to transfer to another rider.
Before calling or emailing, please have the following information on hand for the “new rider”:
- Full Name
- Full Address
- Shirt Size (if before April 1st)
- Route new rider would like to ride
- Emergency contact name and phone number
Can I switch routes?
Yes, you can change routes in advance and the day of the event.
- In advance: If you know ahead of time, please contact us at 302-539-2100 and let us know which route you would like to switch to.
- Day Of: If you choose to switch routes the day of the event, please visit the information table to let us know and pick up the appropriate route map & cue sheet. We document all route changes for SAG support purposes and to let the rest stops know how many riders to expect.
Can I pick up extra cue sheet to ride these routes throughout the year?
Yes. Extra cue sheets will be available at the end of the ride, while supplies last. We ask that you wait until all routes have begun to take extra cue sheets. Additionally, all route maps will be available on oceantobaybiketour.com.
Are E-Bikes allowed?
No. Due to event insurance restrictions, e-bikes or anything comparable are not permitted for this event.
Where can I stay?
Please visit our preferred accommodation list for room blocks and rider discounts.
Where Can I Park?
All parking in downtown Bethany Beach is free the weekend of the Ocean to Bay Bike Tour. There is no designated parking for event participants. See a Bethany Beach parking map here.
Is this ride on a closed course?
No. But local authorities are strategically stationed along the different routes to ensure safety. This is why sticking to your scheduled start time, route and general awareness of the rules of the road are important!
How do I purchase a Voler jersey?
Pre-ordered Jerseys need to be purchased by March 20th to ensure they arrive in time for the ride. Jerseys are available and can be ordered through the Chamber website with a shipping fee to be delivered to your home.
Can I buy an additional shirt?
Yes. Pre-order your additional shirt (tech or cotton) online before April 1st to guarantee sizing. Extra shirts may be available for purchase after registration pickup. All shirts not picked up at registration will be sold (not held). Please arrange for pick-up Friday, April 26 between 12:00PM-7:00PM or Saturday, April 27 7:00AM-9:00AM.
Bike Tour shirts from previous years will be available to purchase as well (limited sizes available)
Why is there no alcohol available at the end of the ride?
Town permitting does not allow for alcohol distribution outside of establishments. Please visit the awesome restaurants in surrounding area for your Bike Tour “refreshment.”
Over 2,000 cyclists are expected to register for this bike tour. Please stay up to date by following @oceantobaybiketour on Instagram and www.oceantobaybiketour.com for up-to-date information.