Where can I park?
All parking in downtown Bethany Beach is free the weekend of the Ocean to Bay Bike Tour. There is no designated parking for event participants.
Will there be onsite registration?
There will be on-site registration available on April 26th from 12:00 – 8:00 pm on the Bethany Beach Bandstand.
There will be NO DAY-OF registration on April 27th.
What do I need for packet-pick up?
All participants must show a photo ID and provide a signed, wet-ink waiver at packet pick up. Waivers can be printed in advance, or signed on-site.
If picking up for a team, or for a friend, please show their photo ID, either the original or a photo (a picture of their ID on your phone will work), and turn in their signed wet-ink waiver.
Why do I need a wet-ink waiver?
We understand that turning in a wet-ink waiver can be cumbersome; however, our insurance provider requires it. If you do not provide a legible, wet-ink waiver, you will not be covered by our event insurance, and therefore will not receive your bib.
What does my packet include?
Your registration packet will include:
- Safety pins
- Route Map & Cue Sheet
- Safety information
- Continue the Tour Vouchers (attached to bib)
- Continue the Tour information and weekend event details!
You will also receive your commemorative event shirt at packet pick up. Once you have picked up your packet, we cannot hold on to participant’s shirts during the ride. If picking up your packet the morning of April 27th, it is recommended you leave enough time to store your shirt and any additional items in a secure location.
What time does the ride start?
Start times are staggered by route.
- Century: 7:00-7:30 am start time
- Metric Century: 7:30-8:00 am start time
- 50 Mile Route: 8:00-8:30 am start time
- 30+ Mile Route: 8:30-9:00 am start time
What if I have registered and have become injured or can no longer attend the event?
There will be no refunds nor transfers to another year. You may transfer your registration to another person.
How do I transfer my registration to another person?
Please call us at 302-539-2100 x.115 to transfer to another rider. Before calling, please have the following information on hand for the “new rider”:
- Full Name
- Full Address
- Shirt Size (if before April 19th)
- Route they would like to ride (if different than original registration)
- Emergency contact name and phone number
Transfers can be made up to April 22nd. No transfers will be accepted after this date.
Can I switch routes?
Yes, you can change routes in advance or the day of the event.
- In advance: If you plan to switch routes ahead of time, please contact us at 302-539-2100 x.115 and let us know which route you would like to switch to.
- Day-of: If you choose to switch routes the day of the event, please see the information table to let us know and pick up the appropriate route map & cue sheet. We document all route changes for SAG support purposes and to let the rest stops know how many riders to expect.
Where can I see the route maps?
You can download your route ahead of time on Ride with GPS. Final routes will be confirmed and a printable PDF will be available by April 22nd.
Will the roads be marked?
The roads are marked with color coded arrows that coordinate with the cue sheet for each route.
What will be available at each rest stop?
- Light snacks
- Restrooms (portable)
- Basic first aid
- Volunteers will be available to provide any necessary assistance
Please plan accordingly if you have allergies or specific dietary needs.
Can I pick up extra cue sheets to ride these routes throughout the year?
Yes. Extra cue sheets will be available at the end of the ride, while supplies last. We ask that you wait until all routes start times have passed before taking extra cue sheets. Additionally, all route maps will be available on oceantoabybiketour.com until 2020.